Northside Emergency Veterinary Service
Terrey Hills NSW, Australia
Northside Emergency Vet Services is a state-of-the-art animal hospital, purpose-built and equipped for a wide range of pet emergencies. Based in Terrey Hills and serving Sydney’s North Shore, Northern suburbs and Northern Beaches, we offer an extension of the services offered by our local referring veterinarians, providing after-hours emergency care 365 days of the year. We also work closely with the Northside Veterinary Specialists who work in the hospital during the daytime hours.
Dogs: 50% Cats: 40% Exotics: 5% Wildlife: 5%
Consult time: 0 minutes
Average daily clinic caseload: 20 patients
Vets: 6 Nurses: 7 Support: 1
- Separate Cat and Dog Wards
- Dedicated Euthanasia Room
- Conference Room
- Digital Radiography
- In House Pharmacy
Emergency and Critical Care ReceptionistPart Time Admin
$ 26-56 / hour
Annual Leave: 4 weeks pro rata
0 hours / week
Weekend Work Required: 1 in 2 weekends
On call / After hours: All work is after hours and weekend
- Training Available
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Uniforms Provided
Northside Emergency Veterinary Service requires client-focused, empathetic and professional part-time veterinary receptionists for our busy after-hours emergency hospital. We are located on Sydney’s Northern Beaches and work closely alongside Northside Veterinary Specialists.
We are open from 6pm – 8am weeknights and 24/7 on weekends and public holidays. Shift hours are 5pm – 11pm weekdays and 6am – 3pm or 2pm – 11pm on weekends and public holidays.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about reception and customer service. This could suit a vet nurse who would like to transition into an administrative role.
As an emergency hospital, we require someone who is able to work under busy and demanding conditions and manage clients in highly emotional states. You must have initiative, be able to prioritise tasks and have excellent organisational skills.
Due to the hours of work and limited local public transport, applicants must have their own vehicle.
Essential criteria for this role
• Experience in veterinary practice, preferably in an emergency or referral setting
• Reception or customer service experience
• Bubbly, friendly can do attitude
• Customer service focused
• Excellent attention to detail
• Professional and caring phone manner
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Ability to multitask
We can offer you
• A friendly, happy and supportive work environment
• Remuneration above award with shift loadings
• Generous continuing education allowance and study leave
• Employee Assistance Program
• A well-stocked staff kitchen with fresh fruit, snacks and good coffee
• Collaborative team approach to problem solving
To apply please send your resume and cover letter addressing the above criteria to email@example.com.
Position start date:
Start immediatelyApply now
Negotiable / unspecified
Dogs: 59% Cats: 39% Exotics: 2%
Consult time: 20 minutes
Average daily clinic caseload: 40 patients
Vets: 3 Nurses: 5.5 Support: 1